This week, I wanted to speak my mind on the current state of the world and the importance of the Black Lives Matter movement.
In this episode, I share tips for being a better ally and how to deal with this situation.
- Understand that no one black person can be the spokesperson for the movement.
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable and having these conversations.
- Educate yourself.
- Stop responding to “Black Lives Matter” with “All Lives Matter.”
- Realize it’s not “Us vs. You.”
- You can still promote your business but be aware.
Other ways to support:
The Black Girls Heal initiative will help Black women and girls manage and reduce toxic stress, interrupt isolation-induced feelings of depression, and proactively improve their overall wellbeing.
The Minnesota Freedom Fund:
The Minnesota Freedom Fund pays criminal bail and immigration bond for those who cannot afford to as we seek to end discriminatory, coercive, and oppressive jailing.
Donate to anti-racism causes. Here’s a list of some.
Read this list of 75 Things White People Can Do For Social Justice and take action
Support POC Businesses
Some of my favorites:
- Tasha Booth, founder of The Launch Guild. An Online Business Management & Launch Support Agency for coaches & course creators who are making a mark on the world.
- Lisa Nichols, founder of Motivating The Masses and Motivating The Teen Spirit. Author of Abundance Now, No Matter What and featured teacher in The Secret.
- Andrea Jones, founder of Online Drea, host of the Savvy Social Podcast and the brain behind the Savvy Social School.
- Falyn Strattford –high-end content and marketing…dismantling paradigms left and right and doing biz on a whole new dimension
- Radiah Rhodes, owner of Evok Life, coach and author of Being is the New Doing: A Divine Guide to Owning Your Energy, Time and Peace of Mind.