In the first new episode of the year, I dive into resistance. The thing that stops us in our tracks when we want to make a change or do something new. This has been something recently brought to my attention in multiple ways so I felt like I had to share.
In this episode:
The truth about resistance:
- We resist things as a way of protecting ourselves. Waiting doesn’t always protect you. It just makes you sit in discomfort longer.
- When I don’t do something I say I want to do or something I know I should be doing it isn’t because I don’t want to do it. There is a deeper reasons and it often isn’t really a good one.
Ways resistance shows up:
- Feeling sleepy
- Feeling unmotivated
- Being defensive
- Over researching
- Over proofing/editing
- Playing small
- Self Doubt
The list of new habits I want to build and how they turned out in December.
Here is a sneak peek at the daily list:
- Write 5 affirmations.
- Do a meditation followed by journaling.
- Do stretches before bed.
- Do 15 minutes of working out.
- Drink 1 celery juice in the morning.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water.
- Drink one green tea.
- Do one lesson or chapter for business growth or personal development.
- Find 1 thing to sale, donate or throw away.
Questions to ask yourself when you feel stuck and aren’t sure why:
- Where is this resistance coming from?
- Is the resistance causing more harm than good?
- Is letting myself sit in this zone of resistance really just keeping me away from my goals?
- Is it causing me to play safe or see a threat that isn’t there?
- What is the worst thing that can happen if I do this?
- What is the best thing?
Mentioned in this episode :
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
- How does resistance come up for you?
- In what areas do you see it most?
- How do you face it?
- What is something you are glad you stopped resisting?