This week I interview Mira Whiting the owner and photographer behind Mira Whiting Photographer. I had such a great time doing this interview and even got to geek out about history a little.
This was such a fun episode and I hope you enjoy it.
In this episode we talk about:
- How technological changes have improved her business and also the problem it creates.
- How she got into photography.
- That ah-ha moment she said where she realized her skill could earn her money.
- Why she encourages her clients to print their photos.
- Why she got help in her business.
- Some of the fears we face when outsourcing.
- The support system that keeps her life and business balanced.
- Her advice to aspiring business owners.
[bctt tweet=”I drank the kool-aid.” How Mira discovered not listening to everyone’s advice grew her business.” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”Learn how photographer Mira Whiting balances her life, photography business, anxiety and more in episode 51 of Creatives Crushing Anxiety. ” username=”Diadoll”]
More About Mira
Mira is a portrait photographer living just outside Boston with her husband and three kids. Mira works with families and individuals who want updated portraits, striving to make everyone more comfortable in front of the camera. She is the recipient of the #1 Readers Choice Award and HulaFrog’s Most Loved Family Photographer Award, and has placed as a finalist twice for the Boston A-List Best Photographer award. When she isn’t behind the camera, Mira enjoys spending time with her family, knitting, and cooking.
You can find Mira here:
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
Who is in your support community?
How did you find them?
What is the one thing you do for yourself that isn’t for family, friends or business?
If you got a degree what was it in? Does it relate to the work you do now?