Disclaimer: This week’s guest is a lawyer, but she isn’t your lawyer. Anything shared in this episode isn’t to replace legal counsel or an official client-attorney relationship.
Do you ever worry your online business is breaking the law? Then you need to meet Jackie. Jackie is an attorney and the founder of JadeOak.com, the online place for online business owners to get their business legal. In this episode we talk about how she balances having a full-time job and an online business, the mistakes she wants you to avoid online and so much more.
In this episode:
- How her online journey has evolved over the last six years.
- How she used her career experience to turn her blog into a business.
- The biggest legal mistake she sees online business owners and bloggers making.
- The thing she cut back on to save herself time.
- The shift she has noticed in the online business community. Hint, it’s not online.
- Who she bounces ideas off of when it comes to her business.
- A few suggestions she has for keeping your blog legal.
- What inspired her to start blogging and how it pushed her to get more accomplished in her personal life.
- The biggest change she has seen in blogging in the past six years.
- How she unwinds.
- Why you need to have a go-to thing to lift you up.
- How she deals with negativity.
- How she sets boundaries between her day job and online business.
Click to tweets:Jackie from Jade Oak shares her tips for balancing her job as an attorney and online business owner. Click To Tweet Be upfront with your readers when it comes to your ads. It’s the law. Jackie from Jade & Oak shares her story and some tips for staying legal online. Click To Tweet Done is better than perfect. Click To Tweet 'It’s never too early to look at the legal side of your business. It’s also never too late.' - @jackiejade Click To Tweet Better safe than sorry. @jackiejade from Jade & Oak shares her advice for keeping your blog legal. Click To Tweet
More about Jackie:
Jackie is an attorney, licensed in Pennsylvania, and business owner. She helps put the scary legal side of business into easy to understand terms for other small business owners. She has built up her business, all while working full time, and enjoys sharing her legal knowledge online. When she’s not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and their 2 pugs, taking ballet classes, reading and traveling.
Mentioned in this episode
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
What do you do to unwind?
How do you deal with negativity from others in business and online?
What is one step you can take today to make your business more legal?