My Journey To Ditching Obligations And Living In My Truth
I am officially back from summer hiatus and I am giving up! No not the podcast, not ditching the business to work at Pizza Hut. But I’m giving up on things that no longer serve me. During my Summer podcasting break I had a lot of time to reflect. 2020 has been a bit of a beast so far in a number of ways. Personally with making the shift into coaching, working with some new amazing partnerships and really focusing on what I want in my life. Globally, we have been balancing a new life during the covid area, continuous systematic racism and uncertain times.
It’s been a lot, for all of us. That’s why right now I want to focus on living in my truth and doing the things that feel good and aligned with the person I am becoming. I’m giving up doing things because I should. Don’t should all over yourself. I’m giving up the obligations so I can embrace my desires and own my responsibilities.
In this episode:
Why I’m giving up:
- Explaining Why – Remember “no” is a complete sentence.
- Inconveniencing Myself To Convince Others – You can be helpful without being a doormat.
- Holding My Tongue – To quote the best musical in the whole world “If you stand for nothing, Burr, what will you fall for?”
- FOMO- Fear of Missing Out. If you’re doing something you don’t want to do because you don’t want to miss out would you really be missing out if you didn’t do it?
- Having My Phone On All The Time – Be in the now. Instagram can wait.
- Feeling Like Things Have To Be A Certain Way – You can make your own rules.
- Social Media Scheduling – If it doesn’t feel aligned anymore why spend the time and money on it?
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
- What are some simple things you can release to live in your truth?
- How has covid changed how you show up in the world and invest your time and energy in?
- What was a big ah-ha moment for you when listening to this episode?