Breaking Down All The Things
New week, new episode. In episode 38 of Creatives Crushing Anxiety I share 6 tips for staying focused in your online business. We all have countless things on our mind at any given moment. That is why focus is so important! You may remember that focused is my 2018 word of the year. That is why I am sharing 6 ways I’ve been trying to stay focused on my focus this week.
In this episode:
- Why I named my website All The Things I Do
- How an email from Paul Jarvis made me think about all the things
- Why you need to check your shiny object syndrome
- 6 ways to be more focused
6 Ways To Be More Focused
- Decide what your things are.
Remember it’s all the things I do. Not just all the things. What are you focused on and what do you need to do. What others are doing is none of your business.
[bctt tweet=”What others are doing is none of your business.” username=”Diadoll”]
- Decide what isn’t important.
What don’t you want? What doesn’t deserve your focus? Know what you don’t want to focus on and when you catch yourself doing it check yourself!
- Remember the big picture.
Taylor Swift said, “I wanna be your end game.“ What is your end game? What is it that you want to do. What is your end game?
- Breakdown the big picture.
Once you know your end game you need to figure out the steps to accomplish your goals. What do you need to do? What are the timelines?
- Adapt to change
Let’s be honest shit happens. When life throws lemons at you, you can either make lemonade, vodka waters or just sit in your bed and cry. If life doesn’t go according to plan you have to either rewrite the plan or change the goal. Don’t stop moving. Sometimes things change.
- Ask for help
You simply cannot do it alone. People often feel as soloprenuers they have to do “All the things” themselves. Remember it’s not all the things, it’s all the things I do. Focus on what you do and get help for what you don’t.
[bctt tweet=”Focus on what you do and get help for what you don’t.” username=”Diadoll”]
Mentioned in this episode:
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
- Do you have a word for 2018? What is it?
- Normally most people are either big picture thinkers or detail oriented by nature. Which side of the spectrum do you fall on?
- What is one thing that hinders your focus?
- How do you stay on track when shiny objects appear?