This week I have Erica Ligenza from Coming Up Roses. Erica and I dive into the problems bloggers face getting the payment they deserve. She also shares how she stepped up her game and the perfect way to frame requesting payment for your marketing services (i.e. publishing sponsored content and giving brands access to your loyal following). Erica is pretty kickass and I know anyone looking to build a lifestyle business will get a lot out of this episode.
In this episode:
- How she started Coming Up Roses in college.
- How she went from blogging to a full-time business and lifestyle brand.
- Why she wants influencer marketers to understand they deserve to be paid when working with brands.
- How she decided to create her course Boss Pitch.
- What she has learned in nearly 5 years of owning her business and how it lead her to double her income.
- How we can all help spread more light in the world.
- What she thinks everyone needs to do to improve their life.
Listen to the episode here:
Enjoying this episode? Share it on Twitter:'If a brand wants to work with you clearly they are seeing something in you that they want to associate with their brand.' - @msericaligenza Click To Tweet 'If I’m doing something that a brand deems valuable and is helping their business I deserve to be paid for that.' - @msericaligenza Click To Tweet You can’t pay your rent in backlinks or shampoo... Why you should be paid for working with brands as a blogger. Click To Tweet 'Girl, of course, you deserve to get paid. You’re doing marketing.' - @msericaligenza Click To Tweet My time is worth money. My time is valuable. Click To Tweet Product is not payment. Product is the necessary means to get the job done. Click To Tweet They don’t go NBC or CBS and offer to pay them in clothes. Click To Tweet There are two ways of spreading light. Be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. Click To Tweet
Coming Up Roses is a hub of authentic inspiration, achievable style and beauty, and affordable lifestyle for ambitious millennial women. Erica has been running CUR for over 4 years now – she now blogs full time in the City of Brotherly Love, where she lives with her hubs and 3 rescue cats.
You can find Erica here:
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! <3Free: 5-Star Client Experience Checklist
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
- Did you test out different areas in your field before committing?
- How do you handle working with brands?
- Have you ever been a ghostwriter?
- Has anyone ever edited out your voice?
- Do you find it difficult to ask for payment for your services?