Oh my it’s March already and February may have only had 1 extra day but I managed to fit a lot into it.
I started a new job, did my first live Blab and threw my besties bachelorette party and bridal shower (now to get my dress altered lol).
So let’s just jump right in and review last month’s goals.
February 2016 Goals
- Read Year of Yes.
Okay so this is kind of a check and kind of not. I did read one book this month, Bossy Pants by Tina Fey, but not Year of Yes, I promise to read it before the end of the year lol.
Bossy Pants was amazing and made me love Tina Fey even more because she is a wonderful role model and real advocate for women’s rights and just being better human beings. She also admits where she is wrong and like most of us, sometimes has no idea what she’s doing. Wonderful book (I won’t be publishing a full review because the book is a few years old).
- Finalize the details for my best friend’s Bachelorette Party.
It was this weekend. Details coming soon! We also had the shower this weekend. Look at this beautiful bride 🙂
- Organize my closet. At my old apartment everything in my closet was organized by color and type. (I know I’m intense…but I loved it.)
Nope, not at all. In my defense I haven’t seen home much this month and when I did, my only desire was to make food and watch Fuller House…I don’t care what anyone says…Fuller House Rocks and (may have made me cry a few times).
- Celebrate what would have been my grandmother’s 87th birthday on February 2nd. It’s the first birthday since we lost her and I want to do something to honor her.
This was a really hard day for me. I was a mess to be honest. I decided the best way to deal was to just keep my head up and try to be positive and focus on all the good times.
- Find a bedside table so I can stop living out of the boxes of shorts and t-shirts in my closet.
Okay so this didn’t happen but with the job switch/ keeping the old job part time this fell on the back burner. My workout shirts can stay in boxes for a while longer.
Blog and Freelance Goals
- Post twice weekly
- Be more consistent with newsletter.
I did post the 2nd newsletter of the month a week late but I do think I shared a really personal engaging one.
- Be more consistent sharing my posts on other sites.
Have gotten back into sharing on a regular bases! Victory!
- Work on my first webinar.
This has honestly sightly fallen on the back burner. I have worked on it but I had hoped to have it done by the end of February and that didn’t happen.
- Publish at least 2 pieces on other sites (at least one paid)
- Gain at least 15 new subscribers.
Didn’t hit that, I don’t think but came really close.
- Have 350 Instagram followers
- Have 1,125 twitter followers
- Have 230 Facebook Page likes
- Have 425 Pinterest Followers
- Continue to post to Facebook twice daily
I haven’t done this but I have been posting more regularly. It helped me exceed my goal. I have some fun posts planned for this month 🙂
- Schedule posts on Twitter each night for the next day
I got over ambitious on this one and actually have started doing this twice a week. I’ve been scheduling Mon-Wed on Sunday night and Thur-Sunday on Tuesday or Wednesday. It’s taken so much off my plate. No more shutting my laptop off just to remember that I didn’t schedule the next day’s posts.
- Pin at least 30 pins a day
Haven’t been doing great with this. To be honest I forgot about this goal. On the days I’m active I try to hit 30 but I’m not active everyday.
- Post to Instagram at least 5 times a week. A mix of personal and blogging.
Yes, my instagram has been doing well. I’m rocking my brand and personality on it. It’s also helps my blogging and personal life have been pretty busy lately.
Health and Fitness
- Use my crock pot more. At least twice a month.
I used it once.
- Use my new blender to make green smoothies at least 3 times a week.
Nope. I’ve made a few but I’ve been drinking Green Protein Shakes so because they are way quicker the smoothies have taken a back seat.
- Participate in meatless Mondays
Nope. I have cut back on my meat. I’m doing South Beach and focusing on healthier alternatives.
- Workout at least 2 times a week.
I got back into the gym and even got a fitness band! I am on a mission.
So I feel like I did pretty good last month, like always there is room for improvement.
This last month was really amazing and exhausting.
- Read one book.
- Organize my closet.
- Get my bridesmaid dress altered.
- Learn as much as I can at this new job and start building good habits there.
- Set up a cleaning schedule so I’m not always having, “God I need to clean up,” moments.
- Fix the lid-switch on my washer.
Blog and Freelance Goals
- Have 269 Facebook page likes
- Have 1300 Twitter Followers
- Have 375 Instagram Followers
- Have 450 Pinterest Followers
- Post twice a week.
- Publish 2 posts on other sites.
- Finish Webinar and e-course
- Finish taking the Email-Surge Course I’m taking from The Nectar Collective
Health and Fitness
- Walk 6,000 steps a day
- Track all my meals
- Stick to stage one of the South Beach diet Monday- Friday or Sunday-Thursday
- Find the time and money to get a massage. (Hey, they are good for you!)
I am so excited for this upcoming month. I’m sure it will be busy as last month but I have so much to be excited about.