I was recently in a coworking group and one of the members mentioned that they needed to hire about 5 different positions but only had the budget for one. She wasn’t sure where she should invest the money and thus this episode was born. Full disclosure, I am not a hiring manager. In my lifetime I’ve worked multiple roles at different companies in different industries I’ve had to hire people in some roles and fire people in others. This episode is a guide to help you decide what role you might need to fill in your online business and give you ideas on options you have. While it would be great to have the ability to hire a full team as soon as you feel overwhelmed that probably isn’t the case for you.
You started your online business because you had a talent or a calling that you wanted to share with the world. It’s important to remember that trying to be a jack of all trades will make you a master of none. It’s so important to focus on working in your zone of genius. Trying to be everything to everyone will burn you out. Yes, you will have to occasionally do things that make your eyes heavy or your pulse race a little bit faster but you don’t need to do all the things.
In this episode I talk about:
- What to do if your site keeps crashing.
- What your options are if it takes you forever to update your website or fix things.
- Who to hire when you want to update your website branding.
- How you can handle social media overwhelm and identify the cause of your overwhelm.
- What to do if you absolutely hate writing.
- Who to hire if you’re having trouble getting the word out.
- What to do when you feel stuck and don’t know what to do next or how to move forward.
- An easy technique to help you decide what to do next.
- Who you need to hire if your client support is taking up all your time.
Enjoying this episode? Share it on Twitter:
[bctt tweet=”Trying to be a jack of all trades will make you a master of none” username=”Diadoll”][bctt tweet=”In episode 24 of Creatives Crushing Anxiety @Diadoll shares her tips on hosting, building your team and more.” username=””]
[bctt tweet=”You’re not updating your website’s branding every week and if you are you need to stop that.” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”You need to know your state’s laws for hiring an intern. #internship #onlinebusiness” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”If you want to have a business but the content is killing you, you have options. #OnlineBusiness” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”You have to be strategic with the guest posts you accept on your website. Make sure it stays true to your brand and message. #Blogging #BloggingForBusiness” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”If you decide to do video or audio for your website instead of traditional copy you still need to have copy for SEO. #Blogging #SEOTips” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”When you reach a new level there will be a new devil. But that doesn’t mean the story is over.” username=”Diadoll”]
[bctt tweet=”In episode 24 of Creatives crushing Anxiety @Diadoll shares the technique she uses to check in with herself.” via=”no”]
Mentioned in this episode:
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Now tell me:
- Do you think the phrase, “played out” is played out? Do you say it?
- What aspect of social media takes up most of your time?
- What was/will be the first hire you make on your team?
- Have you ever worked with a business coach?
- Are you in a mastermind?
- What system can you set in place to set your business up for success?
- What do you need the most help with in 2018?
- What is your zone of genius?