In this episode of Creatives Crushing Anxiety, I interview the founder of Get In Front Communications, Susan Young. We dive into so many wonderful things in this episode. If you have been struggling with your elevator pitch, making connections when networking or going in circles on how to get your messaging right then this episode is for you.
In this episode:
- She talks about her interview with Yanis Krums.
- How we all have the platform to get our content out there and how we all have the power now.
- The biggest change she has seen in PR.
- How you can get past the rejectionists when trying to connect with people.
- What frustrates her about the industry.
- Why she doesn’t listen to the news before bed.
- What is a big problem she has seen when working with entrepreneurs?
- How long it should take you to get your pitch across.
- Why we need to deal with the negative messages in our head.
- The biggest mistake she sees when people make their elevator pitch.
- How to write your elevator pitch.
- The before and after she sees working with her clients.
- The driving force behind the San Antonio Women’s Entrepreneur Association and how they keep it a community women entreprenuers want to be apart of.
- Her rule about giving out business cards.
- The advice her mother gave her when she wanted to give up.
- Her advice on being present and listening.
- Her favorite quote and how it can help you personally and professionally.
Enjoying this episode? Share it on Twitter:Today everyone has a press pass but they don’t all know what to do with it. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet You need to know how to identify a good story and how to tell it.- @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet The most important communication we have is with ourselves. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet People don’t care about me and they don’t care about you. Don’t be offended. #elevatorspeech Click To Tweet You nail it when you own it. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet Ask yourself, How can I spark their curiosity? -@sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet People don’t do business with business cards. People do business with people. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet 'Be tenacious even when you’re tired.' Click To Tweet Be curious and be a good listener. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet Where ever my feet are my head is. -@sueyoungmedia #Mindfulness Click To Tweet The best gift we can give anyone is our attention. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet Know when to speak up and know when to shut up. - @sueyoungmedia Click To Tweet Everyone has the platform. Click To Tweet
Susan Young is the CEO of Get in Front Communications, an 18-year-old PR and communications training company. Susan is an award-winning radio news reporter, PR entrepreneur, storyteller and speaker. She works with business owners who want to gain the confidence to self-promote and increase their visibility, credibility and revenue. Susan is a certified practitioner in NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP), the breakthrough communication, sales and psychology model that’s used by CEOs, world leaders, politicians and top athletes. Susan has been named “One of the Top 75 Badass Women on Twitter.”
You can find Susan here:
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Now tell me:
- What has your experiences with networking events been?
- Do you have your elevator pitch down?
- What is a piece of wise advice you’ve gotten from a family member?
- What was your favorite thing about the episode?