This week I have Angela Ford, writer and book coach. Angela is the author of The Four World series and one of my favorite people on the interwebs. We dive into the world of online publishing and what is hot right now. Angela shares an insider look on her writing and book marketing process. We also geek out a little bit. I had so much fun recording this episode and can’t wait to have her back. Hope you enjoy.
In this episode:
- How she got her start helping others market their books.
- Why she thinks you need a balance of fiction and nonfiction on your bookshelf.
- The big challenge she sees writers face.
- How she suggests you find your target reader locally.
- The trends she sees in self-publishing right now.
- How she balances being a writer and a book launch strategist.
- How she inspires herself to write.
- The practice she does to make her days great and improve her attitude.
Listen to the episode here:
Enjoying this episode? Share it on twitter:There has to be a good balance between work and play. Click To Tweet You can learn a lot from fiction and nonfiction. Click To Tweet You can’t just publish a book and give up. You have to do the work. Click To Tweet 'You have to put yourself in the right place. Be where your readers are. With writing it’s all about finding your target reader.' - @aford21 Click To Tweet You can’t expect to get different results if you’re doing the same things you've always done. Click To Tweet Go out and make connections. Step away from the computer. Click To Tweet 'You don’t have to wait for inspiration. Sometimes you have to create your own inspiration.' @Aford21 shares how she gets her writing done. Click To Tweet 'I get so excited when I finish a book because it’s my best work so far and my next book will be even better.' - @aford21 Click To Tweet You have to do the work to get the experience. That is how you improve. Click To Tweet 'Do you really need to do that 'one' thing? Is it getting you closer to your goal?' - @aford21 Click To Tweet 'You don’t have to do everything. Just do what you do well,' @aford21 shares how she manages life as a writer. Click To Tweet
Angela J. Ford is the author of The Four Worlds Series and a Book Launch Strategist. She’s passionate about helping authors and bloggers do more work they love by helping them with book marketing. You’re most likely to find her with her nose in a book and a cup of coffee in hand.
You can find Angela here:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Four World Series
- Goodreads Reading Challenge
- The Biggest Distraction Keeping You From Your Dreams
- The Judgment Detox
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Thanks for listening! 🙂
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Now tell me:
- What is the book you’ve been dying to write?
- Do prefer fiction or non-fiction?
- What is one area where you are constantly learning?
- What is the last book you’ve read?